The T.J. Community Mission Foundation mission is to help engage our community more fully in exceptional specialized healthcare programs, patient care and technology.
The spirit of generosity continues
In the 1920s, our community rallied around a collective spirit of giving to establish what is now T.J. Samson Community Hospital—with a two-to-one fund-matching incentive from the Commonwealth Fund of New York, this teamwork and generosity built a rural hospital that has improved the lives of so many. It was then, that the Glasgow Chamber of Commerce and this local community raised $65,000—$25,000 of which was given by T.J. Samson—to match the Fund's gift of $130,000. Construction for the hospital began in 1928, and the T.J. Samson Community Hospital opened its doors to patients in 1929.
Established in 2014, the T J Community Mission Foundation will lay the groundwork for and continue to nurture a philanthropic environment in which we can make lasting footprints in our own neighborhood to ensure a brighter future for all. By creating partnerships with employees, business leaders, social groups and families . . . together, will make will further advance excellence in healthcare to those we serve in this region.