Drive-thru testing for COVID-19 is now available at T.J. Urgent Care located at the T.J. Health Pavilion. A pilot program for drive-thru testing proved successful last week and this option is now available for medical providers to order for their patients.
Patients will only be tested with an order from their provider. Testing availability is still limited at this time, and only patients who meet specific CDC criteria will qualify for an order to test.
In order to ensure the health and safety of patients and team members, the following process must be followed:
- If the patient meets the CDC guidelines for testing, the patient's provider will send an order for the test directly to the T.J. Health Pavilion Urgent Care. Patients will not be tested at the drive-thru location without an order received from their provider.
- The drive-thru location is at the West A / Urgent Care entrance at the T.J. Health Pavilion located at 310 N. L. Rogers Wells Blvd. Signs will be posted to direct vehicles to the proper location. Clinical staff will be expecting your arrival.
- Patients will proceed to the West A awning, and they must remain in their vehicle.
- A clinician will come to the vehicle to perform the test. It is performed using a nasal swab and takes only a few seconds.
- The patient will then be instructed to quarantine at home until they receive test results.
- Patients tested at the drive-thru will be notified of the results in approximately 24-72 hours by the provider who ordered the test or by other clinical staff.
"We are happy to provide this service which will be a great benefit to the community," said Neil Thornbury, CEO of T.J. Regional Health. "It is imperative that patients who utilize the drive-thru testing location follow the instructions and comply with their physician's orders."
To stay up-to-date on the latest developments and available information from federal and state agencies, visit the cdc.gov/coronavirus or kycovid19.ky.gov sites or call the Kentucky state hotline at 1.800.722.5725.
T.J. Regional Health, the parent system of multiple healthcare clinics, is anchored by T.J. Samson Community Hospital, a 196-bed acute-care facility with 16 skilled-care beds, based in Glasgow that is fully accredited by the Joint Commission, and the T.J. Health Pavilion, which provides outpatient care and physician offices. T.J. Regional Health also operates numerous Rural Health Clinics in the South Central Kentucky region.