Current patient and visitor guidelines
The safety of our patients, team members, and community is our highest priority.
We know that having a loved one with you when you are sick or in the hospital is an important part of the healing process. With your help, we take every precaution to ensure the safety of our patients, visitors, and our team members. Your cooperation, assistance, and patience are sincerely appreciated.
Patients are allowed two visitors or support persons in all of our facilities, with the exception of COVID-19 patients. It is critical that everyone follow the guidelines and restrictions that are in place.
Please note that the guidelines and restrictions listed below are subject to change at any time, and as situations arise, staff members may restrict visitation further and without notice, if it is in the best interest of patients. For everyone's protection, anyone who does not following the guidelines will be asked to leave.
T.J. SAMSON COMMUNITY HOSPITAL and T.J. HEALTH COLUMBIA
Regular Visiting Hours: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. daily
ICU Visiting Hours: 8 a.m. - 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. daily
Skilled Nursing Unit (SNU): 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- It is imperative that you do not come to visit someone in the hospital if you are sick.
- Two visitors or support persons per patient is allowed. For visitation on SNU, visitors must call to schedule an appointment. The phone number is 270.651.4458.
- There is a two hour time limit on visits for SNU patients.
- Everyone who enters is required to wear a mask. Visitors are encourage to provide their own mask.
- Everyone must properly wear their face mask over their nose and mouth throughout the duration of their visit. For everyone's safety, those who do not will be asked to leave.
- Visitors must be 18 or older.
- No overnight visitors are allowed. Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis such as a parent staying with a pediatric patient.
- Those who are visiting an inpatient at T.J. Samson must enter through the South Entrance. Those visiting an inpatient at T.J. Health Columbia will enter through the Emergency Department.
- Visitors should remain in the room with the patient. We reserve the right to deny access to any patient's room if it is in the best interest of our patients.
- Visitors are not allowed for patients in any COVID-19 unit.
- If an Emergency Room patient is suspected of having COVID-19, no visitors will be allowed in the patient's room until the patient has tested negative. Visitors may not "switch in and out" in the Emergency Department.
T.J. HEALTH PAVILION and CLINICS
- One visitors or support persons per patient is allowed.
- Everyone who enters is required to wear a mask over their nose and mouth for their entire visit. Visitors are encouraged to provide their own mask.
- For everyone's safety, those who do not follow the guidelines will be asked to leave.
Visitors who want to contact patients in the hospital are encouraged to do so by phone, FaceTime or other electronic means. Please call 270.651.4444 to be connected to the patient's room.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!