The rehabilitation services team at T.J. Regional Health provides quality care for people of all ages and life stages. We can help your entire family recover from an injury or cope with a chronic disease.
Learn about our team
Our approach to your rehabilitation is "Patients first, team always." That means we are always working as a team to provide you the best possible treatments.
Many of our therapists have advanced training or certification in neurological rehabilitation, dry needling, lymphedema, orthopedics and sports medicine rehab. Discover more about our advanced rehabilitation services:
Our physical therapists help people with conditions that make it hard to move pain-free. Through special exercises and other therapies, they work on balance, strength, coordination and motor skills to reduce discomfort and improve range of motion.
Here are some of the many conditions our physical therapists treat:
- Orthopedic injuries, such as back, neck and shoulder problems
- Sports injuries
- Chronic pain
- Neurological disorders, including Parkinson's disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Lymphedema (swelling) and other side effects of cancer or its treatments
Our occupational therapists help people regain daily living skills that may have been lost to arthritis, a recent stroke or a brain injury. Through occupational therapy (OT), our experts can help you regain independence to get back to work or care for yourself.
Our OT services include:
- Hand therapy for people with carpal tunnel syndrome and other conditions.
- Workplace injury treatment and prevention. Our team can teach you proper body mechanics and other strategies to help you avoid getting hurt again.
- Therapies for thinking skills, such as those required to balance a checkbook.
- The Square Therapy Program, in which a replica townscape has a grocery store, kitchen, bank, laundry room and other areas to help with independent living.
- Adaptive equipment recommendations. We can suggest special equipment—such as reachers and other aids—that make daily tasks safer and easier.
People of all ages benefit from our speech therapy services. We help people with swallowing problems (dysphagia) and treat stuttering, which can improve self-esteem.
Two of our speech services are:
- Modified barium swallow studies
- Therapy to improve language and communication skills, which can ease the frustration of not being able to communicate
Our rehabilitation experts can help you in many other ways, including the following specialty services:
Pelvic health therapy. We evaluate and treat musculoskeletal causes for pelvic pain, incontinence, painful urination, pregnancy-related pain and postpartum pain. Learn more about pelvic health.
Aquatic therapy. Our heated pool provides a gentle environment in which to exercise and find relief from orthopedic and neurological conditions. Learn more about aquatic therapy.
Dry needling. Avery thin needle is inserted into trigger points to relieve pain. Learn more about dry needling.
Massage therapy. Our service can help reduce stress and pain and muscle tension. It can also be a beneficial treatment for other conditions, such as anxiety or headaches. We also offer Prenatal Massage Therapy.
Cardiac rehabilitation for people recovering from heart conditions. Learn more about cardiac rehabilitation.
It's not just adults who need therapy services. The rehabilitation team at T.J. Regional Health takes exceptional care of the youngest members of our community. Discover more about our pediatric rehabilitation services.
Take the first step to recovery
Rehabilitation services are available by physician referral. To learn more, please call T.J. Rehab at the T.J. Health Pavilion at 270.659.5660 or T.J. Health Columbia Outpatient Rehab at 270.384.4713.
Residents of Adair County are so fortunate to have a first class Physical Therapy Department, right here at home, at T.J. Health Columbia! Having been a patient of theirs, I can attest that Devin Bell, Physical Therapist, and his colleagues give quality care. When your body is compromised, it’s an extra hardship to have to travel miles away to receive the care you need…with T.J. Health Columbia, we can be receive our necessary therapy right here…without having to travel long distances. Thank you Devin and T.J. Health Columbia for helping me and many others in our community to get back our quality of life…this place matters to Adair County! ~ Ellen Zornes