When you need a heart test or a specialized heart procedure, our cardiology team offers you quality care close to home.
At T.J. Samson Community Hospital, we provide both inpatient and outpatient cardiac care. We can help you with many heart and vascular problems, including coronary heart disease, heart attack and congestive heart failure. Discover all the ways we can help you keep your heart healthy.
The American College of Cardiology named T.J. Samson Community Hospital an accredited Chest Pain Center with primary PCI (percutaneous coronary intervention) status. That means our cardiology team has the expertise, speed and training to treat patients during the early, critical stages of a heart attack.
And because we keep our cardiac cath lab staff and an interventional cardiologist on call at all times, we're able to provide lifesaving medical care whenever an emergency strikes.
https://deputyheartattack.acc.org/ - Early Heart Attack Care
Your heart is in good hands with our highly trained and compassionate cardiologists. They’re committed to reversing the serious toll heart disease takes on Kentucky.
Our team helps people live heart-healthy lives. In many cases, our heart specialists can recommend lifestyle changes and medicines to manage risk factors and help prevent heart problems before they start.
If you have heart disease symptoms or risk factors, your primary care doctor may order one or more cardiac tests. When that's the case, you can rest easy knowing you're working with our expert cardiologists, nurses and staff.
Here are some of the cardiac tests we offer:
- Electrocardiograms (EKGs) measure the heart's electrical activity.
- Echocardiograms (echo tests) create moving pictures of your heart to show how well its chambers and valves are working.
- Transesophageal echocardiograms are an echo test in which an ultrasound probe is inserted into the esophagus to get even better heart images.
- Stress tests may be combined with EKGs and echo tests. For a medicine stress test, you may be given a drug to increase your heart rate as though you were exercising. For a nuclear stress test, you will be given a radioactive tracer to help make pictures of your heart.
- Tilt table tests are conducted to find the cause of light-headedness or fainting spells.
- Holter and event monitoring with a portable device records the heart's activity for 24 to 48 hours or more.
- CT calcium scoring measures calcium buildup in coronary arteries, which can signal heart disease.
In our cardiac cath lab, specialists use catheters (flexible wires) to investigate heart disease symptoms or perform procedures without having to perform an invasive surgery. Our cardiac cath lab procedures help minimize risk and shorten your recovery time.
We know it takes time to recover from a heart attack. That's why our cardiac rehabilitation team offers an exercise and education program to help you get better and live your best life.