The T.J. Samson Family Medicine Center provides compassionate care for the whole family. Our family doctors serve people of all ages, including newborns, children, adolescents and adults. Discover why you should choose the Family Medicine Center for a lifetime of quality care.
Our award-winning family medicine
The National Center for Quality Assurance has recognized the Family Medicine Center for our Patient-Centered Medical Home services. This honor demonstrates our team's flexible treatment options that result in excellent care in the hospital, in the office and in the comfort of our patients' homes. We are proud recipients of national grants for healthcare delivery.
Our board-certified family doctors
All our board-certified family doctors are also faculty members at the University of Louisville/Glasgow Family Medicine Residency program. That means our patients are seen by residents and supervising physicians who are experts in their specialties.
With 18 physicians and a dedicated support staff, the Family Medicine Center is well equipped to handle significant patient volume—we receive more than 12,000 patient visits per year in our office, hospital and nursing home practice.
Our physicians and staff at the Family Medicine Center provide:
- Hospital care.
- Care for the whole family, including adults, children, newborns, adolescents and seniors.
- Women's health services, including gynecologic exams; contraceptive counseling and management; menopause treatment; breast cancer screenings; and cervical cancer screenings.
- Nursing home care.
- Preventive care and wellness exams, including cancer screenings, annual physicals, and school and sports physicals.
- Behavioral health services.
- Home visits for established patients.
- Minor surgical procedures, such as skin biopsies or joint injections.
Scheduling and after-hours care
We strongly encourage patients to schedule advance appointments so that we can place you with your primary care provider. Some same-day appointments are available for established patients experiencing acute medical problems.
If you need care during weekends or holidays or after the office closes, please go to the Emergency Department at T.J. Samson Community Hospital for medical emergencies or to T.J. Urgent Care for important but less serious problems.
For non-emergency medical assistance outside of regular office hours, please call 270.651.4797 to leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as we are able. You may also call 270.651.4444 to speak with the on-call physician.