When a loved one is struggling with a life-limiting illness, hospice can help. The T.J. Samson Hospice Program provides individualized care that affirms life and recognizes dying as a natural process that can be met with a richness of spirit.
Our hospice home care services are available in the Barren River Area Development District. Discover how we help patients and their families during this stage of life.
Hospice is a program for patients with a terminal illness who have a life expectancy of six months or less.
Our main focus is pain and symptom control. We seek to help patients remain as pain-free as possible while remaining alert enough to enjoy and participate in their surroundings.
Additional services include:
- Physician services.
- Skilled nursing.
- Respiratory therapy.
- Prescription drug management.
- Medical supplies and equipment.
- Social services (counseling and household assistance).
- Emotional and spiritual care.
We have an amazing team that helps patients and their families with a variety of physical and emotional care needs.
Your personal care team includes:
- The hospice medical director.
- Your attending physician.
- Registered nurses and certified nursing assistants.
- A licensed social worker.
- Volunteer chaplains.
- Trained hospice volunteers.
Here are some facts that might surprise you:
- You can continue your care through your primary care provider.
- You can opt out of hospice at any time.
- Hospice personnel are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance plans cover hospice care.
- Hospice patients do not have to be bedridden or homebound to receive services.
- Hospice offers a variety of bereavement and counseling services.
Have you ever considered volunteering your time or talents to a hospice program? T.J. Samson Hospice is accepting applications to serve in our volunteer program, Hands for Hospice.
Hands for Hospice volunteers provide the following services:
- Clerical/office work.
- Social visits.
- Respite care.
- Meal service.
- Community events.