If you're looking for a pediatrician for your child, you can trust the highly trained experts at T.J. Regional Health.
We provide a wide range of pediatric services for babies, children and teens. And we provide that care close to home.
Pediatric primary care
Our pediatricians are parents too. They know how your children want to be treated and understand how a change in a child's health can affect the entire family.
Because our pediatricians are connected to the rest of the T.J. Regional Health network of providers, they can easily refer your child to mental health or medical specialists—and stay in the loop on their treatment plan. Learn more about our pediatricians.
Here are some of our outpatient pediatric services:
- Well-child visits. We provide regular checkups to give vaccines and health screenings and track growth and development.
- Physicals for sports and school enrollment.
- Chronic illness management for conditions like asthma and diabetes.
- Behavioral health treatment for conditions such as ADHD (attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder), anxiety and depression.
- Allergy shots for chronic allergies.
- Same-day sick care visits. When unexpected illnesses pop up, we'll help your child start feeling better as quickly as possible.
- Health and safety advice for both kids and parents. We'll answer your questions about diet, exercise and healthy lifestyles.
Inpatient pediatrics unit
T.J. Samson Community Hospital is home to the only dedicated pediatrics unit in south-central Kentucky. We treat kids who need hospitalization in an environment designed especially to make them comfortable and help them heal.
Our services and amenities include:
- 17 private children's rooms that have pullouts beds for parents to stay overnight.
- A large selection of family-friendly movies.
- A communal family room with a TV, kitchenette, computers and Wi-Fi.
- Kid-friendly décor to provide a calm environment.
- Medical equipment designed for children.
- A negative pressure isolation room to help prevent contagious infections.
- A level 2 neonatal intensive care unit for premature and ill newborns.
As a parent, you can take comfort in knowing that our highly qualified team of pediatricians and nurses is caring for your child. Many of our nurses have received advanced training to care for children, including:
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program certification.
- Training at Norton Children's Hospital.
We can provide most of the treatments your child will need. Should more extensive treatments be required, we can quickly transfer your child to a facility with a higher level of care.
We offer pediatric physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy at the T.J. Health Pavilion. Learn more about our pediatric rehabilitation services and how we can help your child reach their full potential.